Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Today is the day the French student files have arrived...almost like Christmas

Today was a very exciting day... the students files are arriving.  I was able to sit and read about each student on what their likes are interests. I could almost hear the excitement in the writings about the chance to come to America and stay with a host family.  It always amazes me of why over the whole United States they want to come to Cleveland.  These student do their homework and personally pick the Cleveland area because the the proximity to the Great Lakes and area attractions.  Most student are proficient in multiple langues and are world traveled but their greatest dreams are to stay with an American family.  We have students who love soccer, others are involved in  drama programs, some are so skilled at computers they can design their own computer games and others who just love to explore the great outdoors.  Here is a passage from a former host student about her stay in her American family...

  The last summer, I have been hosted by the Quinn Family. It was a awesome experience to me! It was the first time I travel in the USA, and I didn't regret to choose Ohio and more specifically the Cleveland area. I have done amazing things like go to a football match, visit some museum and the city, go to cedar point and a lot of activities. Getting involved in this adventure allow the American family and the french students to share two different cultures, and exchange about the both country way of life, including the fact that we really improve our English and our understanding. I will always remember this summer, we had so much fun. I hope this chance would be offer to many other French students, because that is worth it! Daphné V

If you are interested in hosting a french student please contact me at

Jill Werling Quinn
World Exchange Cleveland area director
Worldexchange.org

No comments:

Post a Comment